Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) / Visitors Visa
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) / Visitors Visa is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).

You must show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay.

You must also:
satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
not be a risk to the security of Canada,
provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).
You usually do not need a medical exam.

You can apply for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) in 2 ways:

Online Application
Paper Application

Online Application
For online application you need to create an account on CIC, where you need to fill the form online. You need a scanner to make digital copy of your documents and a credit to make payment for your application.

Paper Application
For Paper application you need to arrange all the documents according to the check list of the CIC. You can download the forms here:

IMM5257E (Multiple Entry Visa Application form)
IMM5645E (Family Information Form)
IMM5484E (Document Check list)
IMM5721E (Document Check list – In Canada TRV)